IMPORTANT REMARK :
Our products are heat sensitive products. By overheating the air inside the buzzer, silver migration can occur and solder points can be destroyed.
Depolarisation of the membrane might occur if the internal buzzer temperature exceeds 210°C.
To avoid damage to our products, the following instructions and recommendations for maximum time and temperature must be respected during soldering.
Typical settings :
- Preheat temperature : 100°C
- Solder bath temperature 250°C (lead)/265°C (lead-free alloy)
- Wave soldering cycle time : 4 sec. (single wave), 6 sec. (dual wave)
VAPOR PHASE SOLDERING
Sonitron products are not suitable to be used in a vapour phase soldering process.
MANUAL SOLDERING (SOLDERING BY HAND)
Typical equipment settings :
- 270/350°C (lead (pb) alloys, e.g. Sn60Pb40).50w Soldering iron
- 285/380°C (lead-free alloys, e.g. Sa305 or 96SC).80w Soldering iron.
Note : temperatures may vary depending on the equipment used.
The SMD (PPS material) version pf Sonitron buzzers are suitable to be used in a reflow soldering process. However, the temperature of the buzzer enclosure should not exceed 210°C.
We do not recommend the use of Sonitron SMD products in a lead-free reflow process due to the risk of causing damage to internal components.
Note : settings may vary depending on machine type and materials used.
INFRARED SOLDERING METHOD
Maximum temperature of 175°C during 4 minutes or maximum temperature of 210°C during 30 seconds may not be exceeded.
1. All our speaker models can be provided with through hole terminals or flat SMD terminals. The SMD speaker models cannot be soldered in a lead-free soldering process. These components must be soldered manually.
2. Buzzers with through hole terminals can only withstand high temperatures (up to 200°C environmental temperature) when provided with a heat resistant PPS housing. This has to be explicitly mentioned on the order form.
Use solder paste with 2% silver content, a typical formulation is 62Sn36Pb2Ag solder paste (lead containing), or SN96C, Multicore LF320 (lead-free) or equivalent solder paste.
Ask you solder paste supplier for his advice before starting up your test production.
LEAD FREE SOLDER TYPES
Wave soldering : typical : SAC305 alloy, SN100C.
Reflow soldering : typical : SAC305, S98M-XM3S.
Manual soldering : most standard lead-free solder wires are suitable.
Tinned brass for both pin terminals and SMD terminals.
RECOMMENDED SOLDER AND SOLDER PASTE SUPPLIERS